The Miller Maxstar 150 STL is a versatile welder that is available in two packs. It is use for TIG welding and weighs approximately 42.6 pounds. The entire welder and all its parts are designed for convenience.
It features a power source with a cord, a 10 foot long work clamp, a 13 foot long stick electrode and a shoulder strap for ease when carrying.
This review shall go into detail on what the positives and the negatives of the Miller Maxstar are. Before you go out and purchase this excellent piece of machinery, go through our list to reassure yourself that you are indeed making the right decision.
- The power source has been warranted for three years for parts, and labor and the original main power rectifiers are warranted for five years. This speaks volumes about this welder’S long lasting and durable attributes.
- It has both the 120 v and the 240 v plug, so it is able to function on either voltage.
- IT has a very stable arc that is also nice and smooth to use.
- It is unable to weld through aluminum, making it more limited than other options available on the market.
- The box that it comes in is a little small, which makes it difficult to repack and close when necessary.
What we like
In addition to the pros and cons stated earlier, there are other outstanding features that we like about the product. These features include: –
- The quality of the product. All the components and pieces that make up this product are of exceptional quality. This means that they can be used for an extended period of time before a replacement has to be considered.
- When it comes to welding stainless steel, this product is able to do so easily and with high efficiency.
- There are several add-ons that can be used with this product to intensify the user experience, and these include a foot pedal or a torch with a thumb control. These free up the hands to further focus on the welding.
- It IS small enough to be easily carried This makes it ideal for a professional welder to use, as well as a home welder who may be using the equipment inside or outside their house.
- Despite being small, it is mighty and can contain quite a lot of power. This makes it able to compete successfully with other larger models that have similar specifications.
- It is also highly portable both at the shop level, or even when it comes to going out to a job site because it has a sturdy shoulder strap that also makes it very easy to carry around.
What we don’t like
Once we go over the cons, there is a realization that the product is not perfect, and there is one thing about it that we do not like. This is:
- That it is only dc and does not have ac. This means that one needs to be careful when matching up the rods with the machine. In addition, it is unable to work well with aluminum.
Customers are full of praise for this welder. They say that it is long lasting and durable. One customer claims that he has had this make of welder and has been actively using it for the past ten years. The customer continued to explain that it is being used in an industrial environment without experiencing any damage or disadvantage.
It is also credited as being highly popular and also a magnificent machine to use. All in all, the customers give this product the full five stars. They are all satisfied.
The quality of this welder is one aspect of it that truly stands out. Both new and old customers attest to its long lasting and durable nature. Its portability also makes it appealing for welders who are hobbyists, as well as professionals.
This is an excellent welder to have in the home, as it is small enough to store well and powerful enough to get the job done.