User Review( votes)
Welding gets better and better when you are using the right equipment. The Everlast PowerTig 250ex Stick Pulse TIG welder has stable and smooth arc characteristics. It is portable and lightweight with industrial capability. The pulse function increases weld quality and reduces overall heat input.
It is easy to connect torch and accessories allow for a quick setup. This welder has a digital readout for accurate setting of amperage controls, and its color-coded controls are easy to find and understand.
It comes with an Ergonomic styled torch and accessories. These accessories include a work clamp with a cable, an argon regulator, a foot pedal, the SWAW electrode holder and a 250 Amp AC/DC Pulse TIG or 200 Amp DC Sticker. This machine is suitable for use with 10,000w “clean power” generators.
- The arc force control for Stick use helps reduce spatter and improve arc quality and performance.
- It is the best full-featured AC/DC TIG unit for home shop purposes.
- The range of adjustment for up-slope, down-slope, pre-gas, post-gas, pulse, frequency and balance allow the operator to really dial in the arc characteristics to suit their job.
- It features an impressive packaging system.
The fan is excessively loud when using this machine, and it is deafening in an enclosed space. The torch hoses and cover are quite stiff, making it cumbersome to handle the torch.
The foot pedal works but when you back off, the power is cut off abruptly on the lower end instead of tapering down to very low amp.
What we like
- It performs very well on aluminum.
- The arc is smooth and stable, starts easily even with low amperage settings, yet it has plenty of power when required.
- The cables are very flexible which makes positioning the torch effortless.
- The layout of the controls is both logical and easy to learn since they are colour-coded and grouped by function for easy identification.
- The small head torches with their super flexible cables are a pleasure to work with, particularly in confined spaces.
- We like the fact that this machine can be used with a generator in case of a power outage.
What we don’t like
- That it makes a lot of fan noise when it is in use.
- The torch hoses and covers are quite stiff, making it cumbersome to handle the torch.
- The manual is not well elaborated which gives customers a very hard time in setting up the welder.
This machine has some very positive feedback, and almost all the customers are recommending it to other users in the field of welding and those contemplating getting in that field. The delivery and packaging is also impressive, and customers are really praising the Everlast PowerTig 250EX.
Although there are a few dissatisfactions here and there, most customers who are using Everlast PowerTig 250EX are enjoying working with this particular machine as it gives them the best performance and service, and for them, it is money well spent.
However, some customers have complained that although they like the gas torch, it would be nice if there was an adaptor that came with the machine to connect the weld craft or similar torch to it. The machine has a receptacle on the back of it for the water cooler which is nice, but it would be better if when you turned off the machine the water cooler would turn off as well.
The Everlast PowerTig 250EX should be recommended to everyone as the advantages overweigh the disadvantages by far. Going by reviews from the customers, majority have found that it has given them excellent service and that it is as powerful as it is durable.
It has a lot of optional and capabilities because it a well-built product. It can be used for home purposes – even buy beginners, as the setup is very easy. However, the Everlast Company should work on providing detailed manuals, as most customers complained about this issue.